Generation of notification is delayed due to overloaded resources causing acknowledgements for Notifications to take longer than expected
Notifications Server has slowed down and is unable to keep up with the generation of notifications for the alerts raised. The acknowledgements on the sending of notifications through the channels have slowed down. This may happen due to
1. Alert storms - too many alerts have been generated than can be handled by the Notification server in reasonable time period.
2. Operations DB is overloaded and has caused overall system slow down.
1. Check the Alerts view for newly created Alerts. If there are too many alerts being generated, identify the root cause of the alerts and fix it.
2. If the Alerts cannot be stopped, disable the Alert generation on the monitor until the rate of Alerts can be controlled
3. If all the notifications about the same Alert, identify the subscription that is causing the Notification and disable it. The Subscription ID of the subscription behind the notification can usually be found in the body of the notification message.
4. The Operations DB or the machine hosting it may be overloaded. Please use Operations Database diagnostic steps to verify if these problems can be fixed.