This object monitors the driver startup state and generates an alert if the Server for NFS driver does not start, if the alert is enabled for this monitor.
If Windows is low on system resources, it may not be able to load the Server for NFS driver, and as a result, Server for NFS will not be able to start.
This monitor can enter a Critical health state if the Server for NFS driver had problems initializing either network connections or port registrations with the RPC Port Mapper service. To determine the cause of the problem, inspect the Windows System event log for messages from Source Microsoft-Windows-ServicesForNFS-Server and one of the following event IDs:
Event 1058 - Server for NFS could not register with the RPC Port Mapper service.
Event 1084 - Server for NFS could not create any RPC endpoints.
If the health state is unknown, it means that monitoring has not yet begun for this object.
Resolve the problem based on the event
Resolve the problem based on the cause as indicated in the event as follows:
Event 1058 - Try increasing available system resources by closing programs, and then start Server for NFS manually.
Event 1084 - Try restarting the server after a few minutes. If the problem persists, you may need to restart the Server for NFS service.
Restart Server for NFS
Restart Server for NFS as follows:
1. At an elevated command prompt on the affected server, type nfsadmin server stop.
2. Type nfsadmin server start.
To verify the startup status of the Server for NFS driver, use the following procedure:
1. At an elevated command prompt on the affected server, type devmgmt.msc.
2. On the View menu, click Show hidden devices.
3. Expand the Non-Plug and Play Drivers node.
4. Right-click Server for NFS Driver, click Properties, click the Driver tab and check Status.
To verify the state of Server for NFS, use the following procedure:
1. At a command prompt, type sc query >Microsoft-Windows-ServicesForNFS-Server.
2. Verify that the STATE is RUNNING.
This monitor automatically resets to a Healthy state after Server for NFS is restarted.